Monday, December 21, 2020

American Horror Story: Hotel Final Thoughts (spoilers, duh)

😏I like dat!

I'm so glad I gave it a chance for myself, rather than by going with whatever opinions I'd read from others.

I get if vampires aren't everyone's thing. The blood & sex thing wasn't the most interesting aspect for me either. I was far more interested in the characters, their relationships, who crosses paths with who, and what the consequences of those crossings will be.

I LOVED Sally far more than I thought I would. I liked that she always seemed to be either on the verge of crying, or like she'd just finished crying, like her heart was permanently broken. If they wanted to make a movie about her, I'd be happy. If she were a recurring character in later seasons even. Sarah Paulson went all in. She's working in Beast Mode. Everyone stand back.

I love Iris. She's one badass mama. I'm 100% convinced still that we need that Boomer/Millennial slasher starring Kathy Bates. I think it would be amazing.

John, I thought was the main character. That the hotel would do anything to have him, but I guess it turns out it already had him, chewed him up, and spit him out. πŸ˜…

Alex...I don't know. I guess I had bigger hopes for her character but I feel like that place overtook her immediately. Like, she's just gonna LET the woman who took her son WALK? FOR YEARS they were in torment, their family NEVER the same again, and that just stands with her? No, I'm convinced the Countess has powers/influence not mentioned in the show. Did y'all see how she had Ramona? πŸ™„

Question: Sally and John both passed just outside the hotel, but Sally's stuck there while John isn't? How'd that happen? If it comes down to the way that property is laid out, it means both of them could have been inches/seconds away from the fate they wanted. That is BRUTAL.

I'm so happy Liz got a GOOD ending. She's one of the only characters who truly got what she wanted. Where the FUCK was Tristan all that time? πŸ˜‚Do y'all think he was creeping on Liz every day, from the shadows, like, "NO! Don't look at me!" His dramatic ass would, tbh.

I hope Finn Wittrock plays more characters I don't hate. I think he REALLY made an impression with Dandy in Freak Show. That's probably a good sign he did something right.

And Can I just talk about Denis O'hare for a second? Every season is a game of Where's Waldo with him. I never know where he'll be because he disappears into a character completely.. He's done a consistently amazing job with all of the crazy things AHS has had him do, and I hope he's recognized for that. He's been one of my favorite parts of the show πŸ’–

So someone said Lady Gaga was to replace Jessica Lange. That's not happening. I hope Jessica returns, or at least pops in for a visit every so often. I LOVED when formerly established characters showed up. Lady Gaga did good, but I didn't really like or get her character. (Her going around snatching up/saving random kids was intriguing though)

😊 That's just about everything. Scarlett deserved better, y'all! ✌

No comments:

Post a Comment

American Horror Story S8 Apocalypse E6

Imagine being trapped in this teenage angst bullshit for 10 years. NONE of the coupled people in this house even like each other...